Good morning! It’s finally December yay! The air is chilly and I just want to stay at home and curl up and read a book. But November wasn’t a very successful reading month for me. I read two amazing books at the beginning of the month and got a sort of reading slump after that. I just couldn’t get into the next books that I read, but I still tried to spend time to read and it was still an okay month.
Anyways, here are the books I read this month! I will also tell you about what I am planning to read in December and my plans on my blog for next month.
Books I read in November:
The first book I read was Monsters of Men, the third and final book for the Chaos Walking Trilogy written by Patrick Ness. It was amazing, I just couldn’t stop reading it and I spent like a whole day on Sunday curling up in my bed and reading and crying afterwards. If you haven’t read the series, go ahead and read it and if you’re still not convinced, check out my spoiler-free review of the trilogy where I just gush about everything good about the books and how you should read it.
Next I read a book that I borrowed from the library (unfortunately I returned it already so I can’t include it in my pile of books), which is The Secret History by Donna Tartt. I read another Donna Tartt book around a month ago, The Goldfinch and I absolutely loved it (review here)! So I was ecstatic when I saw the book on the university library because they have very little selection of fiction novels. But I was just drowning in her words. I loved this book so so much, it was everything I ever wanted in a book and it is probably one of my favourite books I read this year. Again, I read this at the beginning of the month and finished it so quickly considering the page number, but I just read it all night long even though there was class the next day. I was just obsessed. I will be posting a complete review of this book this month so watch out for that!
Then after those two amazing books I became sort of listless and wasn’t very enthusiastic to read anything, but I did finish one other book which was Allegiant, the last book of the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth. I read Insurgent sometime this year and reread Divergent like a year ago and I was kinda meh about the second book so I wasn’t that excited to read this one but I just wanted to get the series overwith. So after watching Insurgent online to refresh myself with the story, I read the last book and it turned out to be better than I expected (see here). I don’t know if I will make a full review of the book, but if you guys are interested to read more of my thoughts on Allegiant let me know and I’ll make a review! Anyway, I sort of got through this book slowly but eventually I did.
Well, that is all the books I read in November. Not that much compared to my previous months, but still an alright number. Anyway, let’s move on.
- The Scapegoat by Daphne Du Maurier: I’m currently reading this and I’m around halfway through. Hoping I can complete it on the first week of December!
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri: Part of my read along with Abi. I’ve already started this because I’ve heard really good things about the book and I’m just excited haha.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: This was the only book I bought in November, it arrived like two weeks ago and I’ve had to contain myself not to read it. But I’m positive I’m gonna read it (and love it!) this month yay!
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath: As I announced not so long ago, this is the chosen group read for my Goodreads group, The Book Basilisks Book Club. I’m hoping you guys will join me to read this as well! It’ll be super fun and I’m really excited to start reading this as well.
Wait a minute, I’m not done yet! For December, because most of us will be having holidays and I will have a lot of time relaxing at home, I am planning on posting 16 posts in the month of December! This means that every week I plan to post around 4 posts. Sounds pretty challenging but I have made a plan for everything and scheduled most of the posts. I’m hoping that from posting more I will gain more followers and I can remove my reading slump from last month!
Anyway, here is a little sneak peak of the things I will post this month:
- Top Movies in 2015 (top movies I have watched this year)
- A Book Lover’s Guide to Gift Giving (recommendations for books to give to your friends and family on the holiday season)
- Books to Read in 2016
- Top 15 of 2015 (top favourite books I read this year! Super exciting!)
Well, other than these special features I will of course be posting some book reviews and book tags! So I expect all of you to read and check out my blog every day in case I post anything new 😉
Alright hten, that is all for November’s reads, wasn’t very exciting because I only read 3 books (sad face) but I hope I can read more next month because, holidays yay!! What about you guys? How many books did you read this month? Which one was your favourite? And have you ever read any of the books I read this month or in my December TBR? Let me know in the comments! 🙂