Happy February everyone! How has your first month in 2016 been? My January was great, kicked off with a great book, had a lovely new year’s eve, studied a lot at school and read a lot at the beginning of the month, but then sort of slowed down by the end. Today, as usual, I’ll be telling you the books I read and I want to read in the future! The book count this month wasn’t very high, but I think that’s just because I had a lot of things going on, what with exams and school starting three days after new year’s. But I’m hoping to read more in the next month!
Books I read in January:
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Fangirl was a wonderful ride. I read it for the Bout of Books Readathon, which was awesome. This was my first Rainbow Rowell and I now totally get why so many people are raving about her writing. It was fun and sweet and adorable, and I am not a huge fan of these contemporary reads but Fangirl was so sweet and it was really relatable for me who just moved to my first year of university. For further thoughts on this book, check out my full-length review!
Scarlet and Cress by Marissa Meyer
Scarlet and Cress are the second and third books of the Lunar Chronicles series, its first book being Cinder. I quite liked Cinder, but I thought Scarlet was excellent and Cress was awesome. The two of them were way better than the first book, and I am currently reading the last book of the series. I have written a detailed review of these two books which I will post in a few days, so I won’t tell you much about my thoughts here. But all in all, I really enjoyed the series so far. It felt a little too much young adult in the way that I felt like I am a little too old for it, but I still had fun reading it.
Books I plan to read in February:
- Winter by Marissa Meyer (currently reading): Because I don’t marathon series that much.
- Emma by Jane Austen (currently reading): Because I want to read more Jane Austen, plus I want to read more books from my 100 Books goal.
- Sundowners by Lesley Lokko: Because it’s just lying there in my landlord’s bookshelf and it looks like a nice fun read, even though it might not be my style of book.
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart: Because so many people have been talking about it and I’m super curious to find out what I think about it.
- White Teeth by Zadie Smith: Because it is available in my school library and I’ve never read Zadie Smith before.
Seems like a little more than I usually read (I only read 3 books in January), but since two of the books on my TBR are about halfway through anyway, plus I have spring break in the last week of February, I hope I can read more and keep up with my reading goal of 55 books in 2016!
What are the books you read in January and how did you like them? What are your February TBRs? Have you read any of the books I want to read above? Let me know in the comments!