I was inspired to do this after I was tagged by Calliope @ Calliope the Book Goddess for the Secret Life of a Book Blogger tag. But I decided to do this by telling you some random stuff about me that you might not know of! I got the questions from the really fun Tumblr games that rotates my dashboard for years and I’ve always liked doing. Here and here and here are the links for them.
- If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
My parents cause I haven’t met them for over half a year, but I’ll be seeing them sometime this year so I’m gonna choose Eoin Colfer because he’s amazing.
- What do you think about most?
This blog lol hahaha no I’m just kidding. Probably what I’m gonna eat next because I’m always constantly hungry.
- Do you have any strange phobias?
I am afraid of heights, which isn’t strange at all. I can tell you the strangest non-phobia I have though, which is death, which means that unlike other people I’m actually not afraid of dying??? Like I know I’ll probably be scared but I’m also more curious about what happens after you die.
- What’s your religion?
I’m a Catholic.
- If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
If you mean outside in the outdoors, I’d probably be walking around my city center, enjoying the view while eating a cone of ice cream.
- What was the last lie you told?
I pranked my friend by giving her an empty packet of food while saying that it’s half full but that’s just because it’s April Fool’s Day.
- Do you believe in karma?
Yes! Although I don’t believe in fate.
- Who is your celebrity crush?
Soooo many! But to name a few: Asa Butterfield, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jared Padalecki, Natalie Dormer, Logan Lerman.
- Do you have a collection of anything?
My most recent are bookmarks, but I’ve been making mini paper cranes for almost two years now, and I’ll make them into strings and hang them up on my bedroom. They’re adorable.
- Do you believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
Yes and yes, because Supernatural for the first and The X-Files for the latter.
- Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
I can drive but only straight lines lol. And to answer the second one: I stopped learning how to drive because I nearly crashed so… yeah. I do plan on being good at driving someday in the future, but because right now I’m living abroad and I never ride cars, I think it’s unnecessary for now.
- What is your astrological sign?
I’m a Libra! My birthday is in October.
- What’s the last thing you purchased?
Probably something boring like groceries. But the last book I purchased was How to be Both by Ali Smith from The Book Depository!
- What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
I have no idea, I just be myself. Also, be funny. I make a lot of jokes so it’s probably my excellent sense of humour that attracts all the boys to me (aka zero boys).
- What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
Ummm sleeping? I sleep at 10 PM and wake up at 7 AM I’m a healthy and morning person.
- You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?
Save the dog, duh! I don’t care if I get fired as long as one dog life is saved because of me.
- You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
a) I’ll probably just tell my closest friends and family. b) Reading books, watching all the movies I’ve never watched, hang out with the people I love. c) Like I said before, I’d probably be more curious that afraid on being dead.
- What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
Moving to the Netherlands was a huge decision that I (mostly) do not regret so far. And of course, making this blog was a great decision because I get to meet awesome people and explore new books!
- What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
I don’t even know whether I want to be buried – my mom is a Hindu and she wants to be cremated and I think that’s better because a) it saves money and effort and space because you don’t need to buy a spot in the graveyard or a tombstone or a casket, and b) your ashes get to be scattered anywhere you want, so I’d probably want mine to be scattered over the ocean or saved somewhere cool.
- What is your current desktop picture?
A painting called Wheatfield Under Thunderclouds (here’s what it looks like)
- If your significant other smoked pot, would you care?
Nope. There are worse things a person can do.
- Are you close with your dad?
Yes! I love him ❤
- You can only drink ONE liquid for the rest of your life – what is it?
Water, of course! Although I’d be sad if I won’t be able to drink tea ever again, then my whole blog title would be Water and Paperbacks, which sounds weird.
- Do you always answer your texts?
Of course! I’m the kind of person who hates people who always responds quickly and never just look at the notification and not reply immediately. I hate those people – what is the point of having a high-tech and expensive smartphone if you don’t use it to actually communicate?
- Were you happier four months ago than you are now?
No, I’m definitely happier now. Four months ago I was still like where the hell am I what am I doing with my life? Plus it was my first ever winter and I was friggin freeeeezing.
- In the past week, have you cried?
Not that I remember.
- What colour is the shirt you are wearing?
- Do you have any summer plans yet?
Yes! I’m planning to go backpacking to Italy for a week with three of my uni friends in August. But for the first weeks of the summer holiday, I have basically nothing planned and I just plan on sleeping at home, watching movies, and blogging.
- Do you have a secret that you’ve never told anyone?
Of course! And no, I’m not gonna write it down here hahaha!
- Do you own anything from other countries?
I own a lot of other things: keychains, bookmarks, clothes. My one and only doll I brought when I moved abroad for uni is a rabbit doll my dad bought for me from China, and I have this keychain that repels misfortune and protects against evil from Turkey.
- Have you ever TPd someone’s house?
Absolutely not. It’s a waste of time, money and effort, and you’re basically throwing away precious tissue, which isn’t environmentally friendly!
- Do you curse around your parents?
Yes, especially when I’m around my brother cause that’s how we communicate, but I try not to because my mom would get annoyed.
- Do you cook?
I used to never cook, but now that I live alone and have to live a low-budget student life, I cook all the time. Or just make sandwiches hahaha!
- What was the first thing you ever contributed to a fandom?
I made a Tumblr focusing on the Harry Potter fandom, and then I started posting crappy edits. To rephrase the question, the thing I contributed to a fandom that I’m proud of the most is probably gifsets on Tumblr, for example this is one of my most successful gifsets.
- Do you prefer real-life TV shows or animated TV shows?
Real life, although I really enjoy watching animated TV shows like Legend of Korra and I watch a lot of animated movies.
- How long have you been a blogger?
I started in August 2015, although I used to have a WordPress blog when I was like 13 years old, but that doesn’t really count hehehe.
- At what point do you think you will stop?
Hopefully never! Or when I actually lose interest in the blog – I’d hate to be “forced” to still post contents when I’m not enjoying the blogging experience anymore.
- How long does it take you to create/find pictures to use?
I’ve pre-saved the illustrations I wanna used on my computer or on my Pinterest, and I already have a PSD file with my regular file size, font, and color adjustments so it’s basically just a copy and paste thing for regular headers and book cover images. But for original edits and special editions, they of course take more time.
- What author would you like to have on your blog?
Someone that has alot of experience, so that I can ask a lot of questions to them hahaha! Other than the classic JK Rowling, I’d love to have Donna Tartt or Maggie Stiefvater.
- What do you wear when you write your blog posts?
Mostly pyjamas hahaha!
Woah, that turned out to be longer than I expected! I hope you guys enjoy getting to know little things about me. If you have any questions to ask me, anything at all, no matter how small, go ahead and ask them! I’d love to know what your answers would be for some of the questions above as well, especially interesting ones like number 10, 17, or 18. Also, if you wanna do the Secret Life of a Book Blogger tag, feel free to do it because I tag you! Have a nice Sunday and see you all again in the next post!