I was nominated for this award by the super awesome Arec @ Rainy Thursdays, and this is super fun because I get to answer questions and make questions for other people to answer as well! Anyways, let me list the rules for the awards first:
- Create a post to accept your award.
- Add the blog award button into your post and put it on the side of your blog as a widget.
- Answer the questions I have below.
- Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think also deserve this award.
- Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees.
The questions I got from Arec are:
Is there anything that makes it impossible for you to read?
Yes! I don’t read when it’s way too noisy, so I don’t read in front of the TV or while listening to music. I also hate reading stories with bad punctuation and spelling, it’s one of my pet peeves. That’s why I rarely read fanfiction, even though I used to read a lot of them.
What book would you buy two copies for (one copy to read, one copy to stay pretty)?
Ooh this is tricky! If I really had to choose one, I’d probably pick Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, because my copy of the book is battered because so many people have read and reread it and I just want one that looks really pretty. And maybe the illustrated edition one!
Do your books look nice and pristine, or well read and handled?
When I was younger I don’t take care of my books too much so my childhood books will have cracked spines, crumbs between the pages, some spilled water maybe, and dog-eared pages. But nowadays I try my best to make my books nice and not too used. But personally I don’t mind having books that look like they’ve been well-read, that’s why I don’t mind buying secondhand books. They just seem more personal and beautiful to me.
What is your biggest reading pet peeve?
Like I said before, bad spelling and punctuation is awful. Also, I kind of don’t like it when books have no chapter titles. It makes it hard for me to remember which part when I go back to it in the future.
Do you have a book buddy (someone you share all your reading with regardless)?
I don’t think I really have one single person who knows every single book I’m reading. My best friends will probably know some because they’d see me every day with the book I’m currently reading and I’ll tell them about it. But I don’t really have a friend who shares similar taste in books as I do and I usually go to when I want to fangirl or talk about what book I’m reading, which is kinda sad. I’m lonely. Someone be my book buddy 😦
Well, those are all the questions to answer! Now for my own questions. For those of you who were nominated by me, here are the questions you need to answer:
- What’s the best book you’ve read so far in 2015?
- Do you have any book or fandom related things and which one is your favourite?
- Where is your favourite place for you to read and where is your least favourite place to read?
- What are your bad reading habits?
- What book would you like to rewrite if you had the chance?
And, I nominate: