Tag time! Hello, welcome to my blog, Tea and Paperbacks, where I post every Monday! In this post I was tagged for this tag by the lovely Emily Rose @ Rose Reads, and I am super excited to do this tag!!!
- Randomly choose 3 books (pro tip: use the “Sort > Random” option on your Goodreads’ read shelf).
- For each group, decide which book to burn, which one to rewrite, and which to reread (like Marry, Boff, Kill).
- Repeat until you completed three rounds (or six) (or however many you want to do).
- Burn: The Quest Begins (Seekers, #1),
- Rewrite: The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2)
- Reread: Jane Eyre
I felt really sorry for the Seekers series, but the main reason why I read the three books in the series years ago was because my dad just randomly bought the first book for me and I was quite interested. Now that I’m older I realized that it’s not a very good book. Also I’d love to reread Jane Eyre, it’s been years since I read it!
- Burn: A Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Rewrite: The Song of Achilles
- Reread: The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)
I didn’t remember much from A Journey to the Center of the Earth but I don’t think it was one of my favourite classics. I wouldn’t change TSOA for anything in the world, its writing is so beautiful, but compared to The Raven Boys, I’d reread the whole Raven Cycle again and again if I could.
Again, another book my dad bought me, which was A Single Shard. I remember quite liking it when I was younger, but I absolutely do not remember much. All I remember was that it was set in Korea, and it was very interesting to learn about the culture surrounding pottery and all that stuff. I really wanna reread it right now.
- Burn: Negeri 5 Menara (Negeri 5 Menara, #1)
- Rewrite:The Bell Jar
- Reread: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
Again, another unfair choice because I wouldn’t want to change anything from The Bell Jar – sure the writing sometimes got sort of boring, but it was still super good – but because it was compared to Harry friggin Potter, of course I had to choose Harry Potter to be reread.
- Burn: The Girl on the Train
- Rewrite: Lord of the Flies
- Reread: The Silver Chair (Chronicles of Narnia, #4)
I felt super sad about this choice, but I just couldn’t help it. I really liked The Girl on the Train, which I only read recently. I adored Lord of the Flies though, it’s such an amazing book that gave me chills while reading it. Buuuut I had to choose Narnia above them to be reread, cause I absolutely remember nothing from the last two books of the series. It seems like I have a lot of books to reread!!
Phew, that was a fun tag! I really liked the difficult choices, it really made me sad to sacrifice some books. Anyways, I won’t tag anyone, but if you really wanna do this tag, consider yourselves tagged! See you on another post, bye!